The dream of every Nigerians is to pursue a Masters degree overseas after their undergraduate program here in the country. well, the idea is very nice. The truth of the matter is that, studying abroad is very good but it can be a major challenge if you are short of finance or don’t have a rich parent or relative who are willing to sponsor you.
Meanwhile,am glade to announce to you that there are scholarships available for Nigerian Students who are aspiring to further their education overseas. There are scholarship available to full or part tuition fees, accommodation, travel expenses, and allowances to offset cost of living.
On this article, we have put together a list of top 10 scholarship available to Nigerian students looking to pursue a Masters degree program overseas.
List of Top 10 Masters Scholarships Available To Nigerian Students
- Kristianstad University Scholarships for Students outside EU/EEA and Switzerland in Sweden
This scholarship is open for international students who wish to study at Kristianstad University and is based on merits. The scholarship awarded could either cover full or part tuition fees and is give to deserving student to pursue any master degree program of choice offered at the institution.
- Applicant should be from outside the EU/EEA
- Applicants are to pay the application fee
- Applicants who had their bachelors degree program at Kristianstad are given preference
- Applicant with excellent undergraduate credentials are eligible for qualification
- Applicant are to ensure that they complete the application forms correctly and submit the required documents
- Applicants must show proficiency in English language
How to aptply
Application is done online at the Universities Website
More information on how to apply is available at the scholarship link here https://www.hkr.se/en/study-at-hkr/non-exchange-student/scholarship/
- Cranfield Sub-Saharan Africa Merit Scholarship in Leadership and Management (UK)
Students from Sub-Saharan Africa can apply for this scholarship to study in any of the eligible masters program in Cranfield University in the United Kingdom. The value of the scholarship is set at 4,000 pounds towards offsetting part of their tuition fees.
- Applicants must have graduated with first class honors or second class upper with honours in their undergraduate program.
- Applicants must meet the English language proficiency requirements in order to be selected
- Scholarship is available to applicants who apply for a full time Masters degree in an eligible course.
How to Apply
Application is done online and all the information can be found in the scholarship link here
- Holland Scholarship in Erasmus University for Non EU/EEA Students in Netherland
Scholarship is available for Nigerian students in Erasmus University in Holland looking to bag a masters degree. The Scholarship is awarded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, and sciences and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The value of the scholarship is set at 5,000 Euros made in two separate payments to the student in the first year of the masters program.
- Applicants must be from outside the EU/EEA member countries.
- Applicants must live outside the Netherlands and would not have studied there also
- Applicants must have an impeccable study results in their previous qualification
- Applicants must write and send in a complete application stating how the scholarship is going to be of importance to the students’ academic pursuit.
- Applicants must have completed their visa application before May of the year to commence the program.
- Applicants must be able to meet the English language requirements in order to be considered
How To Apply
Application is done online and applicants are expected to submit the following statements
- Personal Statement
- Financial Document
- Transcript indicating grades obtained in previous qualifications
More information on how to apply can be found in the scholarship website here https://www.eur.nl/ese/master/fees_and_scholarships/scholarships_and_grants/
- Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarship and Leadership Program at Oxford University
This scholarship covers full University and college fees and a grant for living costs valued at not less than £14,533.
- You should be applying to start one of the eligible courses at Oxford.
- You must be ordinarily resident in one of the eligible countries (see the official website for the complete list).
- Applicants should be willing to return to their country of ordinary residence once the course is completed.
How to apply
Visit the official website link below for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS)
The University of Sydney offers scholarship to Nigerian Students who wish to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program at the university. The USydIS covers tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with the possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.
- Applicants must be an international student who wish to pursue a full time program in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University.
- Applicants must be undertaking study in a subject area recognized by the University in the areas of its research strengths.
- Applicant must not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree
- Applicants must not have been offered an Australia Award scholarship within two years of commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Applicants must not be receiving a scholarship in which course tuition is covered.
How to apply
Application is done online
Applicants can find more information in the scholarship link here http://sydney.edu.au/scholarships/prospective/international_postgraduate_scholarships.shtml#usi
- Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships
- Applicant must be a domestic student or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian university or college.
How to apply
Applications for the Scholarships need to be submitted directly to recognised universities. Each university has its own application and selection process, and applicants are to contact their chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme.
- DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) grants scholarships in Germany for Nigerian students for a number of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aims at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized training.
- Applicants must Work either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related subject.
- Applicant must have completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and a minimum of two years related professional experience after the first degree.
- Applicant’s academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
How to apply
Follow the link below to find more information on the scholarship and how to apply
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI)
The University of Adelaide awards the Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) to assist high quality overseas postgraduate students in areas of research strength in the University of Adelaide to support its research effort.
- Applicants must have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honors degree.
- Scholarships will be awarded strictly on academic merit and research potential
- International applicants must nothold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree.
- International applicants must provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements
How to Apply
To apply, you must submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via the online application system. There is no application fee.
Find more information on the scholarship and how to apply
- Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in an institution in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens living abroad.
- Applicants must have the academic qualifications required for enrolling in the institution selected.
- Applicants are eligible to apply if between 18 and 36 years.
- Candidates are to submit a certificate showing their proficiency in Italian language, with a minimum of the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
How to apply
Applications shall be sent online and information on how to can be found here
- Westminster Full-Fee Masters Scholarships for International Students
The Westminster University offers full tuition fee scholarships to prospective postgraduate applicants from any country including Nigeria.
- Applicants are to apply for a scholarship once only when they have applied for admission and successfully been offered a place (either conditional or unconditional) on the intended course of study.
How to apply
Applicants will have to download and complete the scholarship application form and submit it together with the required documents by POST. More information on how to apply and required documents can be found in the link below.
Hope you got what you visited this page for? kindly share with friends via all social media platforms at your disposal, and as for questions regarding the top 10 masters degree scholarships for Nigerian students, kindly direct them to us via the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
Don’t forget to hit the SUBSCRIBE button to to get current information on Masters scholarships for Nigerian students within and around the globe.
OTHER RELATED POSTS