Best Medical Schools in Nigeria 2018— This piece of information is mainly for those who are scientifically oriented and ready to pass through the medical school in Nigeria,this simplifies that you can not become a medical scientist or a medical doctor without passing through the medical school. Mind you, Medicine and surgery is one of the oldest professions in the world,to be a medical doctor doesn’t come easy as you think ,it takes a lot of hard work,commitment, studies and dedication.
However, to become a doctor you must pass through the Medical school, like you can’t become a lawyer without the Law school. medical school is very imprtant for all medical doctors and practitioners. It is a necessity you go through medical school if you must be learned to know and work better.
As a matter of fact, Nigerian medical schools are on the rise, thus, there are lots of competitions these days as each university wants to be the best. Plus you know medicine isn’t a course to be toiled with; it’s a course of life and so is handled with extra professionalism.
As it were, almost all the University in Nigeria offer Medicine and as such own medical colleges but some medical schools have distinguished themselves out and in this article, I’ll be highlighting list of the best ten (10) medical schools in Nigeria in their ascending order.
Let quickly check out the Top 10 Best Medical Schools in Nigeria 2018
Top Medical Schools
10. NIGER DELTA UNIVERISTY (NDU): This University is the tenth on the list of Universities with outstanding medical schools. It has two main campuses, one in the state capital, Yenagoa, which contains the law faculty, and the other in Amassoma and the University also ranks amongst the 50 best Universities in Nigeria.
9. DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY (DELSU): Delta State University has one of the best medical schools in the country. The University runs a multi-campus system with three campuses within a distance of about 200 km apart but it’s main campus is in Abraka, Delta State.
8. UNIVERSITY OF ILLORIN (UI): The institution is one of the oldest in Nigeria, located in the ancient city of Ilorin in Kwara state. Is one of the best universities in the country that has produced great alumni and is also has one of the best medical schools in Nigeria.
7. UNIVERSITY OF BENIN (UNIBEN): Being one of Nigeria’s oldest universities still standing, it’s undeniably true that it has become one of the best medical schools in the country. It has produced notable alumni some of which include; Tom Ilube- philanthropist; physicist; tech guru, Oladipo Agboluaje- actor, Richard Mofe Damijo (RMD)- actor, Josephine Anenih- Lawyer and former minister, Babatunde Fashola- Former Lagos state governor, James Ibori- former Delta State governor, Bright Okpocha (Basket mouth)- comedian, Osonye Tess- writer and professor, Sabina Umeh- singer etc.
6. UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA: This is the second best university in the country has far as NUC is concerned, so, it isn’t surprising that it’s one of the universities with the best medical schools. The university had and is still upholding its standard of excellence no matter the challenge and competition it is facing with other schools.
5. LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL (LUTH): ls one of the best medical schools in Nigeria located in Ikeja, Lagos state and sharing structure with the College of Medicine Lagos state University.
4. LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY (LASU): Though a state university and located in a populous city known for violent, it has been able to produce medical school with good and qualified doctors in Nigeria. The University operates a multi-campus system with four fully owned campuses having its main campus at Ojo and other campuses at Epe, Ikeja and Surulere.
3. AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA (ABU): Is a federal university located in Zaria, Kaduna state. It is one of the best universities you could ever hope to graduate from. It also is the third university on the list with the best medical schools in Nigeria.
2. OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY (OAU): Established in 1961 just a year after our country’s independence, the university is located in the old yet evergreen city of Ile Ife in Osun state. The university somehow does relate the country’s history more although it’s a university. It is the second on the list of universities with distinguished medical colleges.
1. UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN (UI): Wow! Count up to the almighty Uni Ibadan, no matter the competition, this university would always emerge as one of the best. Why? It’s simply the best as accredited by NUC. It is the university with its medical school ranking top. It is undeniably true, no doubt. Uni Ibadan is located five miles (8 kilometers) from the centre of the major city of Ibadan in Western Nigeria.
You will agree with me that in Nigeria studying medicine take quite a long time,am talking about 6 -7years plus, but studying would be easier if you study in one of the top 10 best medical schools in Nigeria